Friday, September 10, 2010

Star Tech: 'My transporter can run on any terrain'

Actor Neil Nitin Mukesh
My favourite Gadget: One of my favourite gadgets has to be my Segway. It’s a transporter I use to take me from one place to another. It is a beautiful machine; you just need to stand on it and it moves with your body weight. There are no gears, no shifts, nothing — just a machine with two wheels and 18-inch tyres. It can climb a mountain for you and also climb down for you; it can run on any terrain. It’s gorgeous.
Earlier, I found balancing on it a bit of a problem because you have to get used to it. But now I can teach anyone to ride on it in 10-15 minutes. I often ride it to my gym and to shoots too.
Why it's handy: If I’m shooting at Film City, I like to move about on it in between shoots. Film shoots sometimes happen at places where cars can’t go. So I just get on my transporter and get going.
I basically use it on days when action sequences are being shot and I have to run around a lot. I try to save my energy and use the transporter. When you do bloody action shots you need to change your clothes; so it’s better to have a transporter.
Gadget Fan: I decided to get one when I was shooting for a shoe ad. I saw the transporter with the steady-camera operator, Nitin Rao, and instantly fell in love with it. I am a gadget fanatic. I just mentioned it to my dad and he placed an order for it. I have no idea how much it would have cost him. I was in Bangkok when he told me about it. And when I came back, there it was in my home. I was overjoyed and have been using it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Search results